ONTHEGO GROUP PTY LTD (T/AS ONTHEGO SPORTS “OTG”) Privacy Statement
The Personal Information we collect and hold
We may collect and hold a range of Personal Information about you. For example, we may ask for
- your name;
- contact details;
- history records of your communication and interaction with us;
- details or history of preference, interests and behaviour relation to transactions, products, services and activities on our Site;
as well as other similar Personal Information that is needed to register or subscribe you to our services or offers. If we ever ask for significantly different information, we will inform you. If you do not provide certain requested Personal Information to us, we may not be able to provide you with access to and use of the Site, provide you with access to our other products and services, or to fulfil one or more of our functions applicable to you.
How we collect information from you
We may collect your information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, including but not limited to
- when you access and use our Site or services;
- during conversations with our team members;
- when you complete purchase orders, registrations, requests or applications for our products or services (by phone, in person or electronically);
- when you communicate with us directly (by email, telephone, direct mail or any other means);
- when you interact with us during promotions, competitions, special events, or by using devices on our store
- if you are a candidate for employment, when you complete forms in relation to the recruitment and selection process, for the purpose of assessment.
- from third parties such as our related entities, business or commercial partners, including but not limited to
- retail brands and suppliers who provide goods and services. This may include other suppliers who provide products and services to you on our behalf; and
- if you are a candidate for employment, we may collect information about you from your nominated referees, where you have authorised us to do so.
How we hold your Personal Information
We may store your Personal Information in hard copy or electronic format, in facilities that we own and operate ourselves, or that are owned and operated by our services providers. We take the privacy and security of your Personal Information seriously and we use a number of procedures and processes to ensure, where possible, the security and integrity of your Personal Information.
We protect your Personal Information by:
- Restricting access to Personal Information;
- Maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorised computer access;
- Securely destroying your Personal Information when it is no longer needed for our record retention purposes.
- Using 128 - bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology when processing your financial details. 128-bit SSL encryption is approximated to take at least one trillion years to break, and is the industry standard.
However, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as completely secure. Once any information is in our possession, we will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse, loss, unauthorized access, and modification or disclosure. While we strive to protect such information, we cannot guarantee 100% the security of any information (personal or other) you transmit to us. Therefore, we will not be liable for any breach of security or unintended loss or disclosure of information due to the Site being linked to the Internet.
How we use your information
We collect hold and use your personal information so that we can carry out the following actions (“Purpose”):
- to provide you with products and services that you have requested from us;
- to communicate with you, including about products and services, competition results, special offers, and events which might interest you;
- to answer your questions and provide you with information or advice;
- to create orders, transaction records, agreements for the sale of products or services, accounts, tax invoices or receipts;
- to provide your personal information to third parties that assist us in providing products and services you have requested, such as delivery service providers and fulfilment managers;
- to carry out administration, marketing, planning, fraud and loss prevention activities, procurement, product and service development, quality control and research to improve the way OTG and its related bodies corporate and service providers provide products and services to you;
- to enable our business partners to provide you about goods and services;
- to consider and respond to complaints made by you;
- to comply with laws or regulations or to comply with any directions given by regulators or authorities; or
- if you are a candidate for employment, to assess your suitability for a position at OTG.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your information to third parties to assist us in providing products and services to you, including but not limited to:
- our employees, contractors or service providers, to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfil our obligations to you. This may include internet service providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, and data entry service providers;
- retail brands and suppliers who provide goods and services to consumers. This may include suppliers who provide products and services to you on our behalf or in their own right;
- our business advisors, including lawyers, accountants or other professional service providers, to the extent reasonably required;
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing and related purposes;
- if you are a candidate for an employment position involving a third party with whom we have an agreement, to that third party to assess your application; and
- to any person authorised by such law. This may include the police service, ambulance service, or government departments or regulators within Australia in connection with law enforcement activities.
We may disclose Personal Information to overseas recipients, who are located in places such as the USA, United Kingdom, Singapore, New Zealand and other countries or jurisdictions depending on the nature of the services those recipients provide to us (for example storing data via a cloud service, or where our customer relationship management system is hosted on servers located overseas, or where delivery address information for online orders or payment is managed via a third party located overseas).
Third Party Websites or software
If you click on links and banners on any pages of our Site, which takes you to third-party websites, you will be subject to their privacy policies. OTG cannot be held responsible for the actions of any third-party websites.
Collection of Computer Data
When you visit our Site, our company servers may automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. This data may include:
- Your computer's IP address
- Browser type
- Webpage you were visiting before you came to our Site
- The pages with in our Site you visit
- The time spent on those pages, items and information searched for on our Site, access times and dates, and other statistics. This information is collected for analysis and evaluation in order to help us improve our Site and the services and products we provide. This data will not be used in association with any other personal information.
We collect this aggregated information which informs us about our users. The information we collect is used in an aggregated, anonymous manner in our internal analysis of traffic patterns within our Site. This information is used by us to administer and improve our products and services.
How to access or correct your Personal Information
Under the Privacy Act, individuals have a right to access their records. You may ask us in writing to provide you with details of the Personal Information we hold about you. We will endeavour to process your request as soon as practicable.
You can update your Personal Information anytime by accessing your account on the Site. If you wish for your Personal Information to be removed from our database, please contact us at email@example.com.
Unsubscribing from Email Subscriptions
From time-to-time OTG may send you electronic marketing material - but only ever in accordance with the provisions of Spam Act 2003 (Cth).
You may unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time:
- Open any newsletter sent to you by OTG
- Scroll to the bottom of the newsletter and click 'Unsubscribe'
How to make a complaint about a breach of privacy
You can find more information about privacy and the protection of your Personal Information on the website of the OAIC at www.oaic.gov.au
This page was last updated on 29 August 2017.